Don’t want to leave the house this weekend? Board games bring many families together around the kitchen table. However, many people are only familiar with outdated board games such as Monopoly or Clue. Board games have a come a long way over the past several decades. Here is a list of some modern board games to enjoy with friends and family.
- Coloretto (2003). This game is simple; around the simplicity of Uno or Go Fish. Players collect sets of different colored chameleons by placing cards in rows. It plays in about 15 minutes and has its own charm.
- Karuba (2016). This is a tile-laying puzzle game. That may sound complex, but the game is quick to learn and great for older kids and adults alike. Players take turns placing pieces of a path to guide their adventurers toward treasure.
- Camel Up (2015). Ever wanted to bet on racing camels? Probably not, but this game is adorable anyway. Players try to guess which clumsy camel will win the race through the desert. It plays in around 45 minutes.
- El Dorado (2017). We all know what El Dorado is filled with; mountains of gold. In this award-winning game, players race through the jungle to be the first one to the famed city of gold. This clever racing game plays in about one hour.
- Age of War (2015). Yahtzee is a classic game, but it hasn’t aged well. Age of War is a Yahtzee style dice game that adds some player interaction and some beautiful custom dice. It plays in about 30 minutes.